My 'beautiful' son, 1, was strangled to death by a blind cord – no other family should go through my pain | The Sun

A HEARTBROKEN mum has issued a warning after her one-year-old son died after being strangled by a blind cord.

Kane Davidson was playing with his three-year-old brother when the horror unfolded at the family home in Oldham, Greater Manchester.

His mum Natasha Ogden had left the room momentarily when she returned to find the youngster caught in a blind cord.

Kane was rushed to hospital but tragically couldn't be saved and passed away on February 1.

Natasha has now issued a desperate warning to other parents following an inquest into her son's death,

She said: "He was a beautiful boy. You only had to look at him to melt at his cheeky smile."

Read more news

Meg turned down Strictly because of packed Suits schedule, claims new book

Schools & attractions shut with trains in chaos as temps hit 34C already

"I need people to realise the blinds are dangerous. I don't want any other families to go through this."

The inquest was told there were a number of problems in relation to the blinds leading up to Kane's death.

It had not been replaced before the family arrived in 2020 despite the introduction of Blind Cord Safety Regulations in 2014.

Samantha Cox, a member of Oldham Council's environmental health team, told the hearing the blind was not identified as a risk when the landlord received a licence.

Most read in The Sun

FOR LOVE, NO MONEY

I left my family for Ukrainian lodger…now I'm jobless and we're skint

ISLAND SUPPORT

Jacquesreveals which former Love Islanders have reached out to him

SECRET RELATIONSHIP

Love Island's Jacques O'Neill reveals he knew one Islander BEFORE show

ABSOLUT HELL

I left Real Madrid and ended up playing in Russia drinking vodka on team bus

This was because the cord did not appear on a checklist from a national database despite the council knowing it was a risk.

Ms Cox said: "Since this tragedy, we've contacted all authorities in Greater Manchester and no one looks for this.

"Something needs to be done because it's not being addressed by anyone."

Assistant coroner, Edward Morgan, said he would be writing to both Oldham Council and the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities about the issues.

Recording a verdict of accidental death, he added: "Other people will be made aware of the tragedy you've suffered and the risks their children might be exposed to as a result of the same problems."

    Source: Read Full Article