Knifeman LAUGHED after girls, 16 and 17, stabbed in South London as Good Samaritan tells how one fainted in his arms

A KNIFEMAN laughed after two teen girls were knifed in a gruesome double stabbing – as a hero bystander told how one victim fainted in his arms.

The girls, aged 16 and 17, were stabbed in the broad daylight attack outside the takeaway in West Norwood, South East London yesterday.

Four boys – aged between 16 and 17 – have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remain in custody.

The victims and suspects are all known to each other, police confirmed.

The 16-year-old remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital, while the 17-year-old's injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.

A stunned witness has told how the group of boys laughed as he fled the scene after the horror unfolded erupted.

She said: "One of them was laughing, they thought it was actually funny what they had done.

“Both girls were standing up in the street and one of them looked very shocked and a bit withdrawn, she managed to sit down on the bus stop.

“I had to call the paramedics and was screaming and was trying to put pressure on her back to stop the flow of blood.

“I put pressure on both girls wounds using a hoodie and once I got that under control a gentleman came over and took over and I attended to the other girl.

“The medics turned up and formed a circle around the girls but she wasn’t letting anyone else touch her so they let me stay for a while.

“She was holding my hand and she was squeezing it.

“We were trying to talk to her and keep her calm.

“She kept saying she was going to be in trouble and I was saying to her she was going to be fine."

Good Samaritan Lukeland Brown, 54, also told how he helped one of the girls as she fainted in his arms.

He described how she asked him to check her back as she was in a "lot of pain" while on the phone to her mother.

Lukeland added: "“I did so carefully and saw that there was a big lump where a stab wound was. She had suffered some internal bleeding.

“A few moments later she fainted and I helped her gently to the pavement and put her on her belly because she’d been stabbed in the back. She had another stab wound under her arm pit.

“Her friend was moving strangely like she had also been stabbed. I asked a woman at the scene to check her over and she was able to confirm that she’d been stabbed once."

It comes after shocking CCTV appeared to show a group of at least five youths brawling outside the restaurant.

Two boys can be seen fighting before running off as stunned onlookers watch on.

Just seconds later, the girls stumbled to a bus stop before collapsing – with the younger said to have a blade still lodged in her back.

It is not clear if the group in the CCTV footage are involved in the double stabbing.

Second CCTV also shows the girls dropping of a PS4 and iPhone at a repair shop before the bloodbath.

The store's owner said: “The two victims were captured on the shop’s CCTV while they waited for their PS4 and iPhone 8 Plus to be tested.

“I saw one of them, wearing a grey hoodie and flat cap, lying on the floor by the bus stop.

“Her friend, wearing a light grey tracksuit was sitting at the bus stop.”

A member of staff at takeaway Maeme’s, just a few yards from where the teenage girls were attacked, said: “I could see the girls from the shop, they had run from behind the shop.

“One of the girls, she still had the knife in her, it was just a small one.

“There were a lot of people already helping the girls, they were crying, and looked in pain, but I just hope they are okay."

Cemal Altunton who works in Efes restaurant, where the girls were helped by members of the public, added: "The girls had been stabbed after a fight at the back, behind the shop, that’s what I had been told.

“Then I heard these people at the bus stop, one of them was on the floor, there wasn’t a lot of blood."


Hero bystanders rushed to help the girls in the bus stop before they were both taken to hospital.

An air ambulance also landed on the roof of a nearby B&Q after cops were called to West Norwood Road just after 4.40pm.

It was initially feared that one of the victims was critically ill with life-threatening injuries.

But police later confirmed: "The younger victim's condition has now been assessed as serious but stable.

"The second victim's injuries do not appear to be life-threatening."

Detective Sergeant Rob Merrett of the Met Police's Central South Command Unit said: "This is a shocking incident involving two young female victims, one of whom remains seriously ill in hospital.

"It has understandably caused considerable alarm in the community.

“Officers responded immediately when the 999 call was received.

"Two boys were quickly apprehended near the scene, and urgent enquiries led to two other males being arrested later on at addresses in Lambeth.

“All four are now in custody and my team are conducting a thorough investigation to establish what has led to this unacceptable violence.

"I urge anyone who has information, pictures and video that could assist us to make contact immediately.

"It is imperative that we work with the community to fully establish what has happened here and bring any offenders to justice."

Anyone with information on the shocking incident is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 4970/25Apr.

To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

    Source: Read Full Article