Killer mum Verphy Kudi left daughter Asiah alone ELEVEN times in 2 months before baby died as she went on 6-day bender

A KILLER teen mum left her daughter at home ELEVEN times in the two months before her baby girl's death. 

Verphy Kudi, now 19, was this week jailed after leaving 20-month-old Asiah alone in the flat to starve, forcing her to go through "almost unimaginable suffering".

But police have now established that the selfish mum had abandoned her child on multiple occasions before then – twice to go out partying. 

The mum – who was jailed for nine years yesterday – had attended parties in London, Coventry and Solihull during the marathon six-day party session in December 2019.

Callous Kudi even had a DJ announce her birthday as her baby girl was alone at home, starving to death.

She even broke down on one of the days and said she was missing Asiah, who she was worried about as she was "not used" to being away from her.

After she finally returned home to Brighton, Kudi called 999 saying: "Help, my baby is not waking up".

Police have now said that on six occasions Kudis absences were considered “significant” with one lasting more than two days. 


Little Asiah was left for seven hours and 18 minutes on 23 OCtober 2019, and again on 7 November for then hours and 37 minutes. 

Officers managed to track Kudi’s movements using phone data and CCTV at the supported housing block where she lived. 

On 19 November the callous mum left Asiah for 17 hours and 13 minutes, and again for another period of 33 minutes. 

She then went to a birthday party on 23 November, leaving her daughter alone for a two day, five hour and 51 minute bender. 

Kudi then left Asiah again on 28 November for eleve hours and 35 minutes, abandoning her for the final time on December 5 to celebrate her 18th birthday across the country. 

Asiah had starved to death by the time Kudi returned on December 11 — five days, 21 hours and 58 minutes after she had departed.

When her suffering became too great, she would not have had the strength to cry

In harrowing evidence the court heard that Dr Nicola Cleghorn felt it was unlikely that little Asiah would have continued to cry because she had learned that her mum would not respond.

Sentencing Kudi Judge Christine Laing added: “Asiah was alone in that flat for six days, less two hours, unable to do anything to draw attention to her plight.

“It’s a particularly distressing aspect of this case that in the opinion of Dr Cleghorn, it’s unlikely that Asiah would have cried for any length of time because she had already learnt that in many occasions there was unlikely to be a response.

“And when her suffering became too great, she would not have had the strength to cry.”

The judge also slammed Kudi for choosing to "prioritise your desires over the needs of your child".

She was rushed to Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital in Brighton but was tragically declared dead on arrival.

A post-mortem exam and subsequent forensic tests found baby Asiah was dehydrated and starved, concluding that she died from neglect.

Kudi sobbed as she was caged for nine years at Lewes Crown Court, and will serve two-thirds of her sentence in prison before being released on licence.

The mum previously wept in the dock as she pleaded guilty to manslaughter between December 4 and 12.

Timeline of killer mum’s bender

December 5, 2019: Kudi leaves Asiah alone in the Brighton flat to head to London. She meets her boyfriend for dinner in Fulham and tells pals her mum is looking after the baby.

December 6: She eats at Donut Shack with friends in Putney, South West London

December 7: Kudi attends a Juiced 90s concert in Elephant and Castle with a pal

December 9: The mum travels to Coventry with her boyfriend and others to help celebrate a friend’s birthday.

December 10: Kudi heads back to London and stays overnight at a friend's flat.

December 11: She catches a train back to Brighton and pops into M&S before heading back to Asiah at the flat

Shocking footage has now been released showing Kudi beaming as she parties in a nightclub on December 8 – three days after leaving her daughter.

CCTV also showed Kudi leaving the flat and her baby girl as she embarked on the bender on December 5.

She can be seen in further footage looking worse for wear as she returned home on December 11.

When Kudi arrived back from her boozy jaunt, she was seen popping to a communal bin area as she waited three hours to call 999.

Paramedics eventually raced to the home and discovered the baby cold and unresponsive with signs of rigour mortis setting in.

The "hysterical" mum told them and police Asiah had been unwell all day and fell asleep after eating a banana and drinking some milk.


Kudi, who had been trying to sell gig tickets and launch her modelling career that day, then claimed that she never woke up again.

But she drastically changed her story when police showed her CCTV that confirmed she left the flat alone on December 5 and didn't return until six days later.

At the time of Asiah's death, Kudi was living in supported housing for young families run by the YMCA on behalf of Brighton and Hove City Council.

YMCA Downslink staff are located in the block but do not enter the living areas or carry out visits or inspections.

Asiah did not have a social worker even though Kudi had repeatedly gone missing since the age of 14 and had been the subject of a number of police appeals.

Staff at the unit called police after reviewing CCTV footage following the baby's death.

A safeguarding review has been launched by Brighton and Hove Safeguarding Children Partnership (BHSCP).

In a statement, Asiah and Verphy's family have said: "We are saddened by the current situation and as a family we have many unanswered questions.

"Verphy has experienced so much at such a young age and we have always done what we can to support her.

"As a family we are in the midst of an unbearable tragedy. Not only are we coming to terms with what has happened today but we are also still grieving for our beloved Asiah.

"We would be grateful if our privacy can be respected at this moment.”

    Source: Read Full Article