John Gilbert Getty reportedly died from complications of an accidental overdose

Getty Oil heir John Gilbert Getty, who was found dead in a Texas hotel room, died from complications of an accidental drug overdose, a report said Wednesday.

Getty, 52, died of cardiomyopathy and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease — heart conditions triggered by a toxic level of fentanyl in his system, TMZ reported.

The Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office said that the overdose was accidental.

Getty — who was the grandson of oil tycoon J. Paul Getty — had been discovered unresponsive in November in a San Antonio hotel room.

In 2015, Getty’s brother, Andrew Getty, died from an ulcer-related hemorrhage. He was also found to have methamphetamine in his system at the time of his death.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article