Amid his $68 million lawsuit against Amazon for terminating a four-picture deal, Woody Allen is reportedly preparing to shoot his next feature film overseas.
According to a New York Times article published Thursday, the 83-year-old Oscar winner will head to Spain this summer to shoot his next (currently untitled) movie project.
Barcelona-based conglomerate Mediapro — which previously worked with Allen on Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Midnight in Paris — is reportedly working with Allen on the film, plot and casting details for which have yet to be announced. (Representatives for Allen, Mediapro, and the production company’s content head Daniel Burman did not immediately provide EW with more information on the Times‘ report.)
Earlier this month, Allen filed a lawsuit against Amazon for allegedly backing out of a multi-film deal — including the shelving of his completed comedy A Rainy Day in New York — due to reports of alleged sexual abuse by the Oscar-winning filmmaker.
The suit claimed that the streaming giant knew of the “25-year-old, baseless allegation” when it signed Allen to a multiple-film contract, yet backed out of the deal after Allen’s adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow, resurfaced allegations of past abuse against her father in a Los Angeles Times open letter in late 2017 after previously writing about her remembered experience in a 2014 New York Times op-ed.
“We have a 10-year relationship with Mr. Allen,” Mediapro told the Times in a statement regarding its decision to work with him despite public backlash stemming from Farrow’s allegations. “Like all projects we produce, we judge the creator by its work.”
Allen has long denied Farrow’s accusation that he abused her when she was child, noting that “it was thoroughly investigated by both the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital and New York State Child Welfare…. for many months and [each] independently concluded that no molestation had ever taken place” in a January 2018 statement; He previously addressed Farrow’s accusations in a written response published by The New York Times in early 2014, stressing that he “did not molest Dylan.”
- Woody Allen sues Amazon for $68 million over shelved Rainy Day in New York release
- Jude Law says it’s a ‘terrible shame’ his Woody Allen-directed film was shelved
- Woody Allen responds to Dylan Farrow claims: ‘I never molested my daughter’
Source: Read Full Article