Strictly Come Dancing bosses have issued further clarification after celebrity contestant Nicola Adams was forced to pull out of the hit show due to her dancing partner Katya Jones testing positive for Covid-19.
Keen to insist the show will go on as planned and return to BBC One on Saturday night despite the duo dropping out, producer Sarah James said: "We are incredibly sad that these unfortunate circumstances mean that Nicola and Katya are unable to continue on Strictly.
"They are a brilliant partnership and had already achieved so much during their time on the show.
"We'd like to thank them for their commitment and although their time in the competition has sadly come to an end we are hopeful that there will be opportunities for them to dance again in the future."
In a statement released on Thursday evening, professional boxer Nicola said: "Hey guys! I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon. I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!
"But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience.
"Im gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the COVID measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help.
"I’ll be spending the next 14 days isolating so I’d like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous amount of TikToks I’ll be posting, in my new found free time when I’m not gaming!"
Meanwhile, Katya added: "Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration. She's given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition.
"Of course, I'm devastated to leave this way but I've made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey. I’d like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!"
Katya and Nicola's exit comes just hours after it was confirmed It Takes Two host Rylan Clark-Neal is self-isolating for 14 days after coming into contact with someone who also tested positive for the virus
I'm A Celeb Ant and Dec say trials will be 'horrific' as Welsh spiders 'worse than Oz'
It is not clear who this individual was.
Announcing the news via Twitter account, Rylan told his 1.6 million followers: "I found out this week that someone I have been in recent contact with outside of work has tested positive for coronavirus.
"I am therefore now following the government guidelines and having to self isolate.
"I have sought a Covid test and thankfully that has returned a negative result.
"That does mean I will miss the next two weeks of Strictly It Takes Two and my BBC Radio 2 Saturday show.
"I look forward to being back soon and wish all the couples good luck for this weekend."
The star added: "I'd just like to add seeing some of your comments, I paid privately to have a test to make sure there was no immediate risk to my work bubbles. Stay safe.
Source: Read Full Article