SAS ‘gentle giant’ Jason Fox set to replace Ant Middleton in ‘new series’

Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter sees Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday

SAS Who Dares Wins instructor Jason Fox is said to be Channel 4’s new hard man after the dismissal of Ant Middleton earlier this year.

According to reports, the 44-year-old has landed himself a new series on the channel that will see him step into the place of Ant to take three celebs into the wilderness one at a time in a concept similar to Bear Grylls’ TV shows.

Jasons’ show has the alleged working title of Beyond With Jason Fox and will see the former special forces soldier test the famous stars’ mental and physical limits after being trapped indoors during the Covid pandemic.

Speaking to The Sun, a source said: “This is inspired by the idea of embracing the great outdoors after months of being stuck indoors during lockdown

"And who better to lead us out there than gentle giant Foxy, who can use unique skills honed from his years serving in the British special forces.

"As they tackle a series of challenges he’ll also get the celebs to talk about the personal life experiences that made them the individuals they are today. And he’ll do it by using the more subtle technique of talking to people we see him use on SAS Who Dares Wins.”

  • Britney Spears 'apologises' to fans on Instagram after breaking silence in court

It appears that Jason is filling the shoes of his former colleague Ant, 40, who was working on a similar concept for a show but never got the go-ahead on.

Ant’s Snowflake Mountain show surrounded the idea that Ant would take a group of youngsters into the wilderness to test their strengths so they could improve their lives going forward.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

However, the show was axed after Channel 4 announced back in March that it would not be working with Ant again because of unspecified “personal conduct”.

In a statement at the time, the broadcaster said: “It has become clear that our views and values are not aligned.”

Ant responded with a positive outlook by posting that he was “excited about the future and what’s coming this year”.

The Daily Star has approached Jason Fox and Channel 4 for comment.

  • Channel 4
  • ITV

Source: Read Full Article