Lorraine: Nadiya Hussain reveals nerves of writing her book
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! is returning to TV screens later this month and speculation over who will spend three weeks in Gwrych Castle, Wales, has been rife. Now, former Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain has thrown her name in the ring as she told fans to “watch this space” regarding upcoming TV appearances.
The ITV show will once again be filmed in Wales after it relocated last year due to coronavirus travel restrictions.
A host of new celebs will get together in Gwrych Castle in Abergele, competing to be crowned King or Queen of the Castle.
Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk about life after her Bake Off journey, Nadiya commented: “For me, this entire process over the last six years has been so organic.
“I never have the ‘This is what I want to do in five years,’ I’ve very much been, ‘Right let’s see what feels right, what fits right, what fits with how I live, how I cook and how I eat.’
“So ultimately everything up to this point has been really organic, and why spoil a good thing when it’s right, so it’s not about having a five-year plan.
“That’s it, I just want to keep doing what I’m doing and create books that help people be more confident in the kitchen.”
On being asked whether she has any TV appearances or stints coming up in the future, she teased: “Watch this space.”
Nadiya’s tease comes as bookies are confident she will be popping up in Wales in the coming weeks.
Bookmakers Ladbrokes have tipped Nadiya to join this year’s cast of the ITV reality show with odds of 10/11.
Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “Bake Off star Nadiya Hussain has risen to the top of the betting for most likely names to feature in the next series of I’m A Celebrity.
“Although winning the show will be far from a piece of cake after admitting last year that the weather in Wales would be a problem for her.”
In 2020, Nadiya revealed she was approached by the ITV bosses to appear on the show but turned down the opportunity.
Speaking to The Guardian, she said: “I got asked to do I’m a Celebrity this year, and a bit of me regrets not going it.”
Other celebrities who have been rumoured to be entering the castle include soap icons Adam Woodyatt and Simon Gregson, who features in EastEnders and Coronation Street.
Pop-star Frankie Bridge and former Love Islander Maura Higgins have also been tipped to be joining this years cast.
In the meantime, viewers can watch Nadiya on her new BBC series, Fast Flavours, which will air next week.
Speaking on the challenges she faced while writing a book in lockdown and preparing for the series, Nadiya revealed: “I think one of the things I found most challenging which I hadn’t experienced it [lockdown] before.
“Of course, we were in the pandemic with the lack of ingredients because I wrote this book whilst semi being in and out of lockdown.
“So probably the hardest thing was sourcing ingredients, in terms of ideas, I am never short of ideas it’s just trying to find things to test the recipes.”
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will return to ITV on Sunday 21 November at 9pm.
Source: Read Full Article