I’m A Celebrity backlash: Ant and Dec told ‘go home’ as locals fume ITV ‘ruined the area’

Who's on I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here?

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! is set to launch its new series on ITV this weekend. A brand new bunch of famous faces will soon be heading into Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Wales, as they take on a variety of terrifying trials. However, as TV crews have begun preparing for the new series, it seems they’ve angered residents of the area. Some locals have even erected signs instructing I’m A Celeb hosts Ant and Dec “go home”.

Abergele residents have claimed the TV show’s work on Gwrych Castle is impacting their day to day life.

This comes after it was revealed that some footpaths and a local golf course were closed near to the historic landmark.

On Wednesday, images showed vast scaffolding being erected for a “Walk The Plank” challenge, which has been at the heart of some of the issues.

Meanwhile, other images show the extent of closures around the iconic Castle.

In a recent interview, one local hit out at the production team behind I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

They fumed: “These people are absolutely ridiculous, they are erecting a structure and then think they can stop us, locals, from walking our dogs where we have been walking for over 40 years.”

Another resident commented: “They have absolutely ruined the area dredging up all that mud.

“When we asked them if they will put it back afterwards they said as it’s winter it won’t matter, but they’ve dug six-foot holes how dare they.”

“Nothing from this comes back to the town or the people here, they have security everywhere and stopping people going places they normally go, they haven’t even employed any locals here, it is all so unfair,” a third resident told the MailOnline.

One local showed their frustration with the ITV show by putting up a sign that read: “Ant and Dec go home!”

Express.co.uk has reached out to ITV for comment.

The Abergele Golf Club is one local attraction that’s been impacted by the return of I’m A Celebrity.

It’s had to partially close itself off for a month, with only members permitted to use the club.

However, according to The Sun, ITV will compensate the club for any lost revenue while the series airs.

The golf club addressed the news in a statement on social media, saying: “’As we are neighbours to Gwyrch Castle, where I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will be based for a second year, our course will be closed to non-members from Wednesday 10th November until Monday 13th December 2021.

“Members will still be able to play as normal during this period, exactly like last year.

“The Clubhouse Bistro will still be open to serve their tasty menu during this period.

“We are very excited to be a part of the production again this year and look forward to watching it later on this month.

“We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming our guests again from Monday 13th December!”

A wide range of celebrities are taking part in the ITV show this year, including former BBC Breakfast presenter Louise Minchin, ex-Strictly judge Dame Arlene Phillips, Good Morning Britain presenter Richard Madeley, singer Frankie Bridge, and Emmerdale star Danny Miller.

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Premieres Sunday at 9pm on ITV.

Source: Read Full Article