I’m A Celeb chaos as security forced to step in after third break-in attempt

Daily Star TV gives you all the latest interviews and spoilers and Ed Gleave will send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday

I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! stars are all inside the castle – but it seems some fans aren't happy with simply seeing them on their TV screens.

Security at Gwrych Castle in Wales have been on guard to protect the stars and camera crew, but it seems their troubles have only increased with the show being set in the UK this year.

One fan had already managed to gain access before the contestants had arrived on site and others managed to enter during the chaos of Storm Arwen.

Now, however, security managed to catch on to two new fans attempting to break-in to the castle on Thursday.

The Sun on Sunday reported that the intruders managed to get to the perimeter fencing behind the grounds of the castle before security escorted them away.

It is reported that no arrests were made.

A source told the publication that it's becoming "a bit of an issue" that the castle is constantly a target.

They said: "Producers are aware and have laid on loads of burly security guards to stop anyone from breaking in – it would be frightening for the celebrities."

During the break-in amid Storm Arwen, one of the intruders discussed the incident with North Wales Live, as they confessed they were able to get into the set after a two hour hike.

Confessing that they were not aware that the celebs had been evacuated, one said: "I'm slightly glad the celebs were not on set as I believe If we had managed to come into contact it could have forced the whole show off air as it would have breached the programme’s Covid bubble."

They added: "Despite this, we remained on site for at least 90 minutes before actually getting spotted by any security but this was after we had explored the entirety of the campmates' quarters."

During the break in, they managed to evade multiple security systems including several layers of high fencing, patrolling guards and ID checkpoints.

At the time, a show source said: "This was such irresponsible behaviour to put themselves and the security team in during the storm.

"They were trespassing on private property and creating unnecessary risks."

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

  • ITV
  • I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here

Source: Read Full Article