DEATH in Paradise fans are thrilled to spot a familiar face in Netflix's raunchy period drama Bridgerton – did you recognise them?
The hit show stars Phoebe Dynevor and Regé-Jean Page as Daphne Bridgerton and Duke Simon Basset, who pretend to court one another during the important season in Regency London where debutante's are presented at court.
*Some spoilers ahead for Bridgerton season one*
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
The cast also includes Julie Andrews, Derry Girls' Nicola Coughlan and Broadchurch's Jonathan Bailey, but Death in Paradise fans have also spotted a famous face from the hit BBC series.
Ben Miller, who played Death in Paradise's first detective Richard Poole, plays Archibald, Baron Featherington, the Featherington patriarch in Bridgerton.
Viewers were delighted to see him in the period drama, with one writing on Twitter: "It’s Martha’s mum from Dr Who! And the first detective from Death in Paradise. #Bridgerton."
Another added: "Both Bridgerton and Sanditon have the detective actors from Death in Paradise."
A third tweeted: "I'm kinda furious about losing Ben Miller for next season, because I love him."
Meanwhile a fourth wrote: "I am very much enjoying Bridgerton but the adults are so delightful that I find the kids boring.
"I could watch Ben Miller and Polly Walker snipe at each other and Adjoa Andoh stare people down all day!"
While Ben, 54, left Death in Paradise in 2014 – with his character being killed off – he will make a shock return in series 10, which starts on Thursday.
How Richard returns is being kept under wraps by show bosses, but Ben joked about his comeback during an appearance on Good Morning Britain last month.
He said: "We're very lucky to have a great number of old fans of Death in Paradise and there's been a lot of speculation [from them]. The one I liked was that I'm coming back as a zombie!"
He added: "I thought he was gone for good [too], No one was more surprised than me when a script-writer [told me].
"It's very cleverly done, I have to say, it's beautifully done."
Bridgerton is available on Netflix, while Death in Paradise series 10 begins on Thursday, January 7 at 9pm on BBC One.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Source: Read Full Article