On the October 29, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film senior writer Ben Pearson, and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss the latest film and television news, including Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Netflix, and Universal Studios.
In The News:
- Peter: ‘Game of Thrones’ Directors David Benioff & D.B. Weiss No Longer Making ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy
- HT: The Obi-Wan Kenobi Series Was Originally Planned to Be a Feature Film, Ewan McGregor Confirms
- HT: ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Tracking for the Lowest Opening of the Sequel Trilogy, at Least for Now
- HT: The First Episode of ‘The Mandalorian’ Contains a Major ‘Star Wars’ Spoiler
- Chris: Disney Says “Bah Humbug” to Apple, Plans Their Own ‘Christmas Carol’ Musical
- Ben: ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Reboot Refuses to Die, Pairs Original Film’s Wr…
- Chris: Netflix Testing Variable Playback Speeds, Presumably for Serial Killers
- Ben: New Universal Studios Theme Parks Will Use Facial Recognition Technology
- Mention: Universal’s Epic Universe Set to Open in 2023 – Here’s What You Need to Know
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Read Full Article