Don’t expect to see “Stranger Things” star Dacre Montgomery or “Aladdin”s Naomi Scott returning to the “Power Rangers” franchise.
Asked about a follow-up to the 2017 film, Montgomery, who played Jason Scott (aka Red Power Ranger) in the superhero movie, said he and the rest of the 2017 cast won’t be part of it.
“I think there is a movie in the works, but it’s not with me and the cast. So yes but not with us,” he said during a Reddit AMA.
While the 2017 film received an “A” CinemaScore, it only earned $140 million globally. Haim Saban, founder of the Power Rangers brand, then sold the franchise to Hasbro (who also owns “Transformers.”)
A planned reboot with Paramount is now in the works with, apparently, an all-new cast.
But the 2017 cast has been busy enough without the franchise:
- Montgomery landed the breakout role of bad boy Billy Hargrove on Netflix’s “Stranger Things.” And he’s being mentioned to take on such roles as Wolverine and the Batman villain Red Hood.
- Scott, who played Kimberly the Pink Ranger, played Princess Jasmine in Disney’s “Aladdin” remake and costars in the upcoming “Charlie’s Angels” reboot with Kristen Stewart.
- Ludi Lin (Zack the Black Ranger) was in “Aqauman” and “Black Mirror,” and is rumored to be a frontrunner for Marvel’s Shang-Chi movie.
- RJ Cyler (Billy the Blue Ranger) starred in MTV’s “Scream” and CW’s “Black Lightning.”
- Becky G. (Trini the Yellow Ranger) costarred in the 2018 film “A.X.L” and continues her musical career.
[Via Power Rangers Now]
Source: Read Full Article