Alexandra Burke breaks silence on end of X Factor saying ‘all good things come to an end’

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

X Factor star Alexandra Burke has broken her silence on the decision to cancel the show that made her a star more than a decade ago.

The 32-year-old appeared on Loose Women on Monday to discuss last week's announcement that Simon Cowell's hit show will not be returning to our screens.

Alexandra shot to fame in 2008 after beating off boy band JLS for first place in the popular on screen competition.

Her winning single, Hallelujah, went to to become the top selling single in the UK in 2008 and was Christmas number one that year.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Speaking of her experiences on the show, she said: "It's been 13 years! This year will be 13 years since I won The X Factor.

"If I'm honest with you, I have really amazing fond memories of being on The X Factor. My time on there was an incredible journey but, as they say, all good things do have to come to an end.

"It was the show that gave me all of this so I will forever be grateful for The X Factor and all that it's given me in my life."

She also hinted that Simon may have something else in the works.

"Simon could be preparing something else up his sleeve, he's a very smart man," she added.

It is believed that Simon is concentrating his efforts on his new TV show Walk the Line where a range of musical acts compete for a cash prize.

It is not clear when the show may air, but it has been added to ITV's autumn schedule, according to Manchester Evening News.


The news that the X Factor, which has run for 17 years, came last week when ITV announced there are no current plans for the next series.

An ITV spokesperson said in a statement: “There are no current plans for the next series of The X Factor at this stage.”

Over its run, the show has discovered stars including Leona Lewis, Little Mix, One Direction and JLS.

Source: Read Full Article