WWE legend Ric Flair rushed to hospital with 'very serious' medical emergency

WWE legend Ric Flair is in a "very serious" condition after being rushed to hospital, according to reports in the US.

The 70-year-old was in Atlanta when "something went wrong".

TMZ Sports reports that Flair was "initially taken to the emergency room to be treated", and that "the specifics are unclear at this point".

Since the news broke, WWE fans have taken to social media to post their best wishes to the man nicknamed "The Nature Boy".

Esuke Uchiha told the legend to "pull through G" with his Twitter post, while Adrian Rios wrote that his "heart sank" when he heard the news.

Gojira Salamander wrote: "Hearing @RicFlairNatrBoy is in the ER today… thoughts are with you man… all the the best thoughts."

SunSport reported how in March this year the sporting legend underwent surgery for an unknown problem.

NBA icon Charles Barkley broke the news of the operation  as he wished the 70-year-old well before the medical procedure.

It came just a month after Flair celebrated his 70th birthday with a glitzy bash with WWE stars such as Triple H and Jeff Hardy attending.

No links were made to the 16-time world champion’s health scare two years ago.

Flair had part of his bowel removed after experiencing an intestinal blockage.

Following surgery he spent a month in hospital and also had an external pacemaker fitted to help retain a normal heart beat.

Speaking to Busted Open Radio in October 2017, Flair said: “When I got out I only weighed 206 pounds, I lost 43 pounds.

“I couldn't walk, I couldn't even twist the top off a Gatorade bottle.

“I could stand on my legs, but I couldn't walk, so I had to go to a rehab place for 20 days of physical rehab where they make you walk with a walker, and then a cane, and then you learn to walk by yourself.

“That took a while, and then I couldn't drive a car.

“I ate anything in the world, but couldn't gain any weight because all the food I was consuming was going towards repairing internal tissue that was ruined because when I went into the hospital my kidneys failed, I had respiratory heart failure and I had pneumonia all at the same time.”

Source: Read Full Article