THE big one is back!
Cheltenham Festival 2021 – the biggest event in Jumps racing – returns 12 months on… with a quite a lot having happened since the previous one.
CHELTENHAM SPECIAL OFFER – GET THE FIRST RACE FAVOURITE AT HUGE 50/1 PRICE
When is Cheltenham Festival 2021?
- Cheltenham Festival lasts four days.
- This year it starts on Tuesday March 16 and finishes on Friday March 19.
- The first race gets underway at 1.20pm each day.
OFFERS OF THE DAY
William Hill: Get 50/1 Appreciate It to win the Supreme (mobile only) – CLAIM HERE
Betfair: Bet £/€10, get £/€50 in free bets (£/€10 now, £/€10 during every day of Cheltenham) – CLAIM HERE
Paddy Power: BTTC: Bet £20 on the first race at Cheltenham Tuesday, get £60 in free bets – CLAIM HERE
William Hill: 18+ Play Safe. New customers using EPA50. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 09:00 on 5 March 2021 until 13:20 on 16 March 2021. Max £1 bet at 50/1. Returns paid as 5 x £10 free bets (30 day expiry). Player & currency restrictions & terms apply. Begambleaware.org
Betfair: Min £/€10 deposit by Debit Card/ApplePay. Min £/€10 Sportsbook bet at odds of Evs (2.0) or more. Free bets valid for 7 days, a £/€10 free bet awarded at bet settlement, £/€10 awarded 16th-19th March. T&Cs apply. 18+ Begambleaware.org
Paddy Power: New customer offer. Place a single £20 (or £10 e/w) Sports bet on the first race at Cheltenham Tuesday 16th March and get a £10 free bet for each of the subsequent races on the Card. T&Cs apply. 18+ Begambleaware.org
Who are the Gold Cup runners?
Entries for the 2021 Cheltenham Gold Cup have been announced – and the final runners will be revealed two days before.
Al Boum Photo will be going for his third Gold Cup in a row and he heads the list of entries, as well as being 3-1 favourite (odds correct at time of writing).
The other runners entered are below. This list will be cut five days before the race and again 48 hours before.
7-1 A Plus Tard
8-1 Minella Indo, Royale Pagaille, Santini
14-1 Frodon, Kemboy
20-1 Allaho, Delta Work, Lostintranslation, Melon, Presenting Percy, Waiting Patiently
25-1 Cyrname, Imperial Aura
33-1 Bristol De Mai, Monalee, Native River, Saint Calvados, Samcro
40-1 Burrows Saint, Master Tommytucker, Vinndication, Yorkhill
50-1 Acapella Bourgeois, Battleoverdoyen, Itchy Feet, Lake View Lad, Mister Malarky, Real Steel, Shattered Love, Simply The Betts, Terrefort, The Conditional
66-1 Aso, Black Op, Lord Du Mesnil, Magic Of Light
80-1 Spyglass Hill
What are the races?
- 13:20 Supreme Novices’ Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 13:55 Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase (ITV 1)
- 14:30 Festival Handicap Chase (ITV 1)
- 15:05 Champion Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 15:40 David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 16:15 Boodles Juvenile Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 16:50 National Hunt Chase (Racing TV/ Paddy Power)
- 13:20 Ballymore Novices' Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 13:55 Festival Novices’ Chase (ITV 1)
- 14:30 Coral Cup (ITV 1)
- 15:05 Queen Mother Champion Chase (ITV 1)
- 15:40 Cross Country Chase (ITV 1)
- 16:15 Grand Annual Chase (ITV 1)
- 16.50 Champion Bumper (Racing TV/ Paddy Power)
- 13:20 Golden Miller Novices’ Chase (ITV 1)
- 13:55 Pertemps Final (ITV 1)
- 14:30 Ryanair Chase (ITV 1)
- 15:05 Stayers’ Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 15:40 Festival Plate (ITV 1)
- 16:15 Dawn Run Novices’ Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 16:50 Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir (Racing TV/ Paddy Power)
- 13:20 Triumph Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 13:55 County Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 14:30 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle (ITV 1)
- 15:05 Cheltenham Gold Cup (ITV 1)
- 15:40 Foxhunter Chase (ITV 1)
- 16:15 Mrs Paddy Power Mares' Chase (ITV 1)
- 16:50 Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle (Racing TV/ Paddy Power)
What TV channel will Cheltenham be on?
TV punters were given a big boost as ITV Racing announced they would be showing six races from each day for the first time.
Coverage usually ends after the fifth race each afternoon, but thanks to a new agreement between right holders, punters are in for a special treat.
The move is for one year only, with the Festival behind closed doors due to Covid.
Each day's first race will now go off at an earlier than usual 1.20pm – ITV Racing will be on air until 4.30pm.
Which big horses aren't running?
A number of punters will be disappointed by the late withdrawals of some big names.
Among those is Altior, the Nicky Henderson-trained superstar who was set to run in the Champion Chase.
Energumene is also a non-runner after being lined up against Shishkin in the Arkle.
Another popular horse punters were looking to back was Annie Mc – but Chris Hughes' beloved horse has also been pulled out due to injury.
Will fans be in attendance?
Fans will unfortunately not be in attendance at the Racecourse this year, with strict coronavirus protocols in place.
Cheltenham Festival 2020 was one of the last events before country was plunged into its first lockdown.
FREE BETS GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in a payment to The Sun. 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Source: Read Full Article