The Washington Wizards (0-1) and Oklahoma City Thunder (0-1) play Friday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for shortly after 8:00 p.m. ET. In this one, we focus on the Wizards-Thunder odds and lines, with NBA betting advice and tips around the matchup.
Wizards at Thunder: By the numbers
Place a legal sports bet on this NBA action or other games at BetMGM.
- This is Oklahoma City’s home opener. The Thunder lost 100-95 to Utah Wednesday night. The Wizards lost by eight points in their season debut.
- Washington topped 110 points in each of last year’s two meetings while Oklahoma City had 134 points in their one win as the teams split the season series.
- Washington went 3-2 in preseason action while the Thunder went 2-2. Washington outscored the opposition by over 12 points per contest and averaged nearly 115 points per game. The Thunder were outscored by just one point overall.
- The Thunder came just short of winning 50 games in 2018-19. They finished 49-33 and were eliminated in the first round of the postseason. Oklahoma City added PG Chris Paul via trade from the Houston Rockets.
- The Wizards’ significant move was extending SG Bradley Beal. Beal is a two-time All-Star and his extension kicks in for the 2021-22 season. He was Washington’s first 25-5-5 player in franchise history.
- The Wizards ranked ninth in the NBA with 105.8 possessions per game last season. The Thunder ranked second with 106.9 possessions per game.
- Oklahoma City was 44-43 against the spread last year while Washington was 38-44. The Thunder were 41-44-2 against the Over/Under but Washington led the league at 49-32-1.
- Last year’s head-to-head series went 1-1 against the Over/Under.
Wizards at Thunder: Key injuries
- Andre Roberson (knee) – out
- C.J. Miles (foot) – out
- Jordan McRae (finger) – out
- Troy Brown Jr. (calf) – out
Wizards at Thunder: Odds, picks and betting tips
NBA odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated at 10:30 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : This is a moneyline to avoid as Oklahoma City is -358. The profit would be less than $3.00 for a $10 bet.
Line : The value lies in the spread as Oklahoma City is giving up just 7.5 points. The expectation is the Thunder should win by eight or more points Friday night. Take the (-7.5, -129) and increase the potential profit.
Over/Under : Only one of last year’s two meetings topped Friday’s projected total of 220.5. Take the UNDER with -121 odds.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @ChrisWasselDFS and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Can you spot the Yellowstone elk in this photo?
Donald Trump says he’ll be at World Series, but Nationals say his foe will be tossing first pitch
Predicting which of college football’s 10 undefeated teams will lose in Week 9
Russell Westbrook and James Harden argued on the court, but this experiment might actually work
NBA fans react to Russell Westbrook and James Harden’s first-half argument
Source: Read Full Article