Home » Sport » Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte press conference LIVE: Gypsy King and Body Snatcher set to FINALLY meet ahead of WBC fight
Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte press conference LIVE: Gypsy King and Body Snatcher set to FINALLY meet ahead of WBC fight
GRAB your popcorn boxing fans as Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte are set to have their first face-to-face press conference ahead of Saturday's huge WBC fight, THIS AFTERNOON.
The Body Snatcher did not attend the press conference which was held in March due to his social media blackout.
But Whyte has finally landed in the UK and is now all set to exchange a war of words with the Gipsy King.
Start time: 2:30pm GMT
TV/Live stream: BT Sport Boxing YouTube channel
Follow ALL the action with our live blog below…
The domino effect in boxing
Tyson Fury initially had hoped that he was going to get a unification bout with Oleksandr Usyk but Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua interrupted proceedings.
Usyk currently holds the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO titles having beaten Joshua in September 2021.
And the Gypsy King wanted a shot at those belts but, AJ cashed in on his rematch clause against Usyk which has has been "all agreed" according to promoter Eddie Hearn.
Which opened the pathway for Dillian Whyte to challenge Fury for his WBC crown.
What is the decided purse?
The huge WBC heavyweight fight between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte is round the corner.
And both fighters are set to collect a healthy cheque once the contest is over.
Fury's promoter Frank Warren secured a deal worth £30 million which beat Eddie Hearn's initial bid of £23m.
An 80/20 per cent split is agreed in the favour of WBC holder Tyson Fury though the split only relates to 90 percent of the overall winning bid (£27m) – as the promoter must deposit the other 10 percent.
Which means, the Gypsy King will take home an estimated £21m whilst Whyte receives around £5.5m
Either way, both bids were record bids in the entire history of boxing.
Tale of the tape
This how the Gypsy King and the Body Snatcher compare in numbers across the board.
Not much to separate the two which makes for an intriguing fight.