NEW JAPAN Pro Wrestling's annual Wrestle Kingdom is here!
And just like last year's extravaganza, the show will be on across TWO action-packed nights at the Tokyo Dome.
When is NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15?
- As is tradition, NJPW's Wrestle Kingdom is on on January 4.
- Like last year, the 15th instalment of Wrestle Kingdom will be taking place across two nights.
- Night 1 starts at 7am GMT on Monday, January 4. This is 4pm local time in Tokyo.
- Night 2 starts slightly later at 8am GMT, on Tuesday, January 5.
- The Tokyo Dome plays host.
What live stream and TV channel is NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 on?
- You can live stream the event by subscribing to New Japan's NJPW World service.
- You can sign up and watch the New Japan Pro Wrestling live stream at njpwworld.com on mobile, tablet or the NJPW World app.
- NJPW World costs around £7.50-a-month to watch, and will have English commentary.
- The service can then be cancelled at any time.
- You can also watch each night on PPV on Fite.TV for individual night purchases or two-night bundles.
What is the full card?
Night 1 features a huge match between Chaos allies-turned-rivals Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay and is headlined by Tetsuya Naito defending his IWGP heavyweight and IWGP intercontinental belts against Kota Ibushi.
The winner of the main event will then defend both titles AGAIN on Night 2 against Kiwi sensation Jay White.
- Hiromu Takahashi vs El Phantasmo (winner challenges for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship on night 2)
- Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr) (c) vs Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (Tag team match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship)
- Kenta (certificate holder) vs Satoshi Kojima (for the IWGP United States Championship challenge rights certificate)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Great-O-Khan
- Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay
- Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Kota Ibushi (for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and the IWGP Intercontinental Championship)
Sanada takes on former Los Ingobernables De Japon stablemate Evil in a huge grudge match.
And those IWGP heavyweight and IWGP intercontinental belts will be up for grabs again in a massive main event.
- TBA vs TBA vs TBA vs TBA (Four way match for KOPW 2021 Trophy)
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) vs One or Eight (Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato) (Tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship)
- Shingo Takagi (c) vs Jeff Cobb (for the NEVER Openweight Championship)
- Evil vs Sanada
- Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi / El Phantasmo (for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
- Tetsuya Naito / Kota Ibushi (c) vs Jay White (for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship)
What have they said?
Okada: "I'm excited to wrestle this new Ospreay.
"When he debuted in New Japan, he was a high-flying ball of energy. Wrestling Katsuyori Shibata made his strikes better and helped him step up a level, and he’s kept progressing since.”
Ospreay: "I liken myself to Chris Jericho. When Chris Jericho came into NJPW, he went straight for the biggest names at that time – Omega, Naito, Okada, Tanahashi.
"He targeted those names and got rewarded for it with those big matches. He didn’t wait in line, he did things his own way, and now I’m going to do things my own way. A lot of people see things that way too. You’ve seen a few already, but there’s more. Trust me."
Source: Read Full Article