Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Antony flying in NOW, medical BOOKED, Hakimi enquiry, Cristiano Ronaldo rejected by Sporting | The Sun

ANTONY is flying in to Manchester to complete his move to Man Utd RIGHT NOW, with his medical booked.

Talks between the Red Devils and Ajax have progressed with a fee of £85m approved by both sides, as reported by transfer guru Fabrizio Romano.

And United are said to have made an enquiry over the availability of Achraf Hakimi.

Cristiano Ronaldo made his second successive appearance from the bench in United's 1-0 win over Southampton.

However, his transfer options are dwindling with the manager of his former club Sporting reportedly threatening to resign if he is signed.

Get all the latest transfer news from around the world.

  • IN: Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen, Lisandro Martinez, Casemiro
  • OUT: Paul Pogba (released), Juan Mata (released), Jesse Lingard (released), Nemanja Matic (Roma), Edinson Cavani (released), Lee Grant (released), D'Mani Mellor (released), Reece Devine (released), Paul McShane (released), Connor Stanley (released), Paul Woolston (released)
  • EVERY Premier League done deal this summer
  • Chisanga Malata

    Dubravka deal 'agreed'

    Manchester United have reportedly reached a "full agreement" with Newcastle for goalkeeper Martin Dubravka.

    Journalist Jonathan Shrager tweeted: "Manchester United and Newcastle United have reached a full agreement on Martin Dubravka.

    "A few personal terms left to finalise with the player. But looks promising."

    Credit: Getty
  • Chisanga Malata

    Ronaldo contract talks

    Italian giants Napoli have held talks with Cristiano Ronaldo over a permanent move.

    Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes began sounding out a potential loan to Diego Maradona Stadium last month.

    But according to the Manchester Evening news, talks over a permanent move to Naples have since taken place.

    Napoli, however, are reportedly "prepared to settle for a loan deal as they are pressed for time."

  • Chisanga Malata

    Antony debut date

    Antony is unlikely to make his Manchester United debut this week due to work permit issues.

    It's understood the Brazilian is on course to feature in the Red Devils clash with Arsenal on Sunday.

    Credit: Reuters
  • Chisanga Malata

    McTominay plea

    Former Manchester United midfielder Luke Chadwick has urged the club not to sell Scott McTominay, who has been linked with a move to Newcastle.

    He told CaughtOffside: “He’s had some absolutely exceptional games, but it’s hard to completely judge him given the weak teams he’s had around him at Manchester United.

    "Like with Fred, I think he’s got a fantastic attitude but there’s a lot of focus on them in an otherwise struggling team.

    “McTominay’s come through the academy, he plays his heart out on the pitch. I’m sure he can force his way into the team at least as a squad player, and have an important role to play at United.

    “Sometimes against top, top-level opposition he can be found wanting, but for me, he’s still got loads to offer, and you want those players with the Man United DNA around the squad.”

  • Sam Dymond

    A-mad for another loan move

    Amad Diallo is expected to leave Manchester United on loan once the club's mega-money deal for Antony is completed.

    The Manchester Evening News reports that the Red Devils have already received 'numerous enquiries' for their young Ivorian winger.

    Diallo joined United as a teenager from Atalanta in 2020 for £37m but has so far failed to make an impression at Old Trafford.

    The right winger went out on loan to Glasgow Rangers in the second half of last season, but also struggled to make a lasting impact at Ibrox.

    The 20-year-old has three years remaining on his United contract, and may temporarily move back to Serie A in order to regain his form.

  • Sam Dymond

    Blimey! United scout O'Riley

    Manchester United have sent scouts to take a closer watch of Celtic's in-demand Matt O'Riley.

    The midfielder has also recently attracted attention from Arsenal, Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund.

    Since moving from MK Dons for £1.5m in January, the 21 year-old has become a firm favourite at Parkhead.

    Although appearing for England at youth levels, the Londoner has recently featured for Denmark U21, who he qualifies for through his mother.

    Despite being a highly-rated youngster at Fulham, then-manager Scott Parker continually overlooked O'Riley, instead preferring to start his own brother-in-law Harry Arter in midfield.

  • Sam Dymond

    Breaking: Frenkie goes to London?

    Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong has been filmed arriving at Barcelona airport ahead of catching a flight to London.

    The Dutch midfielder has been a long-term target of Manchester United with negotiations between the two clubs now into a fourth month.

    However, as that transfer saga dragged on, Chelsea also registered their interest in the 25-year-old.

    Despite some immediate excitement on social media as soon as the footage emerged, it is understood that De Jong's trip is 'not transfer related'.

    Instead, the player is said to be travelling with compatriot Memphis Depay in order to attend Donny van de Beek's wedding.

    Could all three be teammates at Old Trafford by the time the honeymoon is over?

  • Sam Dymond

    Hannibal heading off to Blues

    Talented Tunisian teenager Hannibal Mejbri will this week put pen to paper on a new long-term contract at Old Trafford – and then immediately head off to Birmingham City on loan.

    Manchester United are keen for the midfielder to commit his future to the club, and also want him to earn some crucial experience of first team football in the Championship.

    Both deals are close to being finalised although there has been a slight dispute over the wage contribution of the St Andrews club.

    However, United enjoy a good relationship with the Blues, having leant them both Tahith Chong and Teden Mengi last term.

  • Sam Dymond

    Aaron off? Dest foot forward

    Two further names under discussion in the ongoing talks between Manchester United and Barcelona are Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Sergino Dest.

    And Spanish publication Sport believe that the two clubs are exploring the idea of a swap deal involving the two right-backs.

    Wan-Bissaka arrived at Old Trafford in 2019 from Crystal Palace for an initial fee of £45m, but has since lost his first team spot to Diogo Dalot.

    Erik ten Hag has previously indicated the 24-year-old can leave United, and only then would the Red Devils pursue another player in his position.

    Dest, a 21-year-old American international, has made 72 appearances for the Catalan giants.

  • Sam Dymond

    United looking at Ron replacements

    Manchester United's quiet pursuit of a forward suggests Cristiano Ronaldo is still looking for a way out of Old Trafford with three days of the transfer window remaining.

    The Portuguese forward is desperate to continue his career in the Champions League, but is running out of options after numerous rejections.

    However, under the radar, United have been in discussions with Barcelona regarding deals for both Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Memphis Depay.

    The Athletic report that the Red Devils are interested in bringing in either the ex-Arsenal captain or their former forward on a temporary basis.

  • Sam Dymond

    Foxes next for Ten Hag

    Manchester United made it two wins in six days with success at Southampton on Saturday,

    The result also ended the Red Devils' nightmare away run of seven straight defeats in the Premier League.

    Now Erik ten Hag is targeting a third victory of the season and another on the road.

    The Dutchman takes United to Leicester City on Thursday night with the aim of ending another unwanted sequence.

    While United have much the better of the head-to-head record in the top-flight, they have not beaten the Foxes in the last four meetings.

    United's last win in this fixture came in July 2020 when late goals from Bruno Fernandes and Jesse Lingard earned them a 2-0 victory at the King Power.

  • Sam Dymond

    Abra-Dubravka! Another one arrives

    Manchester United could announce their latest signing this afternoon, but it may not be Antony.

    Before the Brazilian is unveiled, the Red Devils are expected to complete the loan signing of Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka.

    The Slovakian stopper will move to Old Trafford on an initial temporary basis for a fee of £5m with an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the season.

    Fabrizio Romano reports that personal terms have already been agreed after the 33-year-old informed the Magpies of his desire to leave in order to make his dream move.

  • Sam Dymond

    Antony agent's telling true stories

    Ajax star Antony is expected to complete his long-awaited move to Manchester United TODAY.

    It was confirmed late last night that the two clubs had agreed a deal that could eventually be worth up to £84m for the winger.

    And in a sneak preview of the transfer being wrapped up, the player's agent posted a new story on Instagram.

    Junior Pedrosa simply said 'Here we go!', echoing the catchphrase of transfers expert Fabrizio Romano when a new deal is set to be announced.

    Romano himself gave the switch the green light by replying to Utd Plug on Twitter with a tick once they had reposted Pedrosa's comment.

    Credit: @UtdPlug Twitter
  • Sam Dymond

    Good morning, Man Utd fans

    The Red Devils have FINALLY agreed a deal with Ajax to sign Brazilian winger Antony.

    The Athletic say a breakthrough in negotiations was made over the weekend and the two clubs settled on a fee worth an overall £84million.

    He is set to fly to the UK in the next 48 hours for a medical with his new side, according to Sky Sports.

    Elsewhere, PSV Eindhoven star Cody Gakpo has confirmed the Red Devils are chasing his signature.

    When quizzed on his future, the 23-year-old declared: "There are also other options, United are a serious option.

    “I can hear it all. I try to shut myself off from it, but it's difficult."

    United have been linked with a £34m swoop for the left-winger, although PSV are thought to be demanding more to part ways with the attacker.

    And finally, sensational reports claim Cristiano Ronaldo has been offered to Chelsea.

    Metro say the 37-year-old's agent, Jorge Mendes, has approached the Blues as he tries to secure his client a move away from Old Trafford.

    Ronaldo remains keen to leave the club before deadline day on Thursday.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Done and dusted

    Antony's agent, Junior Pedroso, has seemingly confirmed the 22-year-old's move to Manchester United.

    Pedroso wrote on his Instagram story: "Here we go!"

    He also posted an airplane emoji and used United's red and white colours to write the three word message.

    Credit: https://www.instagram.com/juniorpedroso1/?hl=en
  • Giacomo Pisa

    Ronaldo 'offered to Chelsea'

    Cristiano Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes has reportedly offered Chelsea the chance to sign the striker.

    The 37-year-old is running out of time to seal a move away from Old Trafford.

    After initially being linked with the Blues earlier in the summer, Metro claim super-agent Mendes has offered Ronaldo's services to the Londoners.

    Thomas Tuchel was not keen on the idea of signing the Portuguese superstar, despite new owner Todd Boehly approving of the transfer.

    But Tuchel remains desperate to recruit a striker before the end of the window, and Ronaldo remains desperate to continue playing Champions League football.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Antony set for United medical

    Antony will reportedly undergo his Manchester United medical within the next 48 hours.

    The Red Devils and Ajax have agreed a deal worth £84million for the Brazilian winger, according to The Athletic.

    And Sky Sports say the 22-year-old is due in the UK at the start of this week for his medical.

    A breakthrough in negotiations between the two clubs was made over the weekend.

    Winger Antony is set to follow Erik ten Hag and Lisandro Martinez in swapping Ajax for Old Trafford this summer.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Real demanding Asensio answer

    Real Madrid will reportedly ask Marco Asensio this week what his plans for the future are.

    The Spain international is keen to leave the Bernabeu before transfer deadline day on Thursday.

    Manchester United and Arsenal are both ready to firm up their interest in him, according to the Mirror.

    Asensio is out of contract with the club at the end of the season.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Agreement reached for Antony

    Reports this evening are claiming the Red Devils have finally reached an agreement in principle with Ajax over a move for Antony.

    It was claimed earlier today that the two clubs were close to thrashing out terms.

    And a breakthrough has been made this weekend, according to The Athletic.

    The 22-year-old is set to join in a deal worth an overall £84million.

    A small portion of that is in add-ons, but the Red Devils will pay a guaranteed £80.7m for his services.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    All smiles at Sao Paulo

    Antony's imminent £84million move to Manchester United will see his former club Sao Paulo land a huge payday.

    The 22-year-old joined Ajax from the Brazilian outfit back in 2020.

    And upon doing so they negotiated a 20 per cent sell-on clause with the Dutch side, according to Goal.

    That means they are set to land a cool £16.7m from his move to Old Trafford.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Edin in the right direction

    Reports earlier this evening suggested ex-Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani was closing in on a move to Valencia.

    Club boss Gennaro Gattuso has admitted he is "optimistic" about getting a deal done, with club chief Peter Lim currently handling negotiations.

    Gattuso said: "I am optimistic by nature, we are working, speaking, I think that we have chances.

    "Peter Lim is working a lot and I think that we are going to sign Cavani because Lim has a lot of belief in those chances at the moment."

    "When you speak of Cavani, he is not a normal player, he has played at great clubs and at the top level for a long time.

    "He is 35, but he has an incredible mentality, I am speaking about the technical part, not the money, that is not my problem and they are two different things.

    "The problem is that a lot of people talk during an operation and it cannot be closed in two minutes."

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Gakpo confirms United interest

    PSV winger Cody Gakpo has revealed Manchester United are a "serious option" for him.

    The Red Devils have been linked with a £34million swoop for the Dutch international.

    And despite United being on the verge of signing Antony, Gakpo has confirmed a switch to Old Trafford could be on the cards.

    The 23-year-old told ESPN: "There are also other options, United are a serious option."

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Merson gives verdict on Antony

    Former Premier League ace Paul Merson has claimed he would sign Allan Saint-Maximin over Antony.

    The Red Devils are closing in on an £84million deal for the Ajax winger.

    But Merson prefers Saint-Maximin, who scored a stunning goal for Newcastle's in today's 1-1 draw at Wolves.

    He said on Sky Sports: "If I was Man United I’d take Saint-Maximin over Antony every day of the week.

    "What this lad does, I know he doesn’t score a lot of goals and a lot of assists, but boy does he take that ball up the pitch.

    "I think that (a transfer) might come with scoring goals."

    He added: "It makes me laugh how people are looking at Antony over Saint-Maximin, don't get it."

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Crikey O'Riley

    Manchester United are interested in Celtic star Matt O'Riley, according to reports.

    But Premier League rivals Arsenal are also claimed to be keen.

    The midfielder has shone north of the border since joining from MK Dons in January for just £1.5million.

    According to ESPN, the Red Devils are one of a number of of clubs that could make a bid for O'Riley before deadline day.

    And an offer of between £15m and £20m could tempt the Hoops into selling.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    Ten Hag on Casemiro debut

    Erik ten Hag has revealed the reason why Casemiro did not start yesterday's game against Southampton.

    The £70million summer signing came off the bench to make his debut at St.Mary's after spending the week training with his new team.

    But Ten Hag said the five-time Champions League winners needs to be integrated into the team before he is handed his full debut.

    Ten Hag said: "He had a good pre-season with a lot of training sessions, we have to integrate him in a team and a way of playing and integrate him with his teammates."

    Source: Read Full Article