Liverpool 'have £500,000 Calum Scanlon transfer bid accepted with 15-year-old lad set to join academy from Birmingham'

LIVERPOOL have reportedly had a bid accepted for 15-year-old star Calum Scanlon.

The Reds are said to be keen on adding the versatile left-back to their academy and Birmingham have reportedly given the deal the green light.

Blues have accepted an undisclosed offer believed to be around the £500k mark, according to the Times.

The England youth international could follow in the footsteps of former Birmingham ace Jude Bellingham, 17, who signed for Borussia Dortmund in a £25million deal in July.

Birmingham are said to be considering restructuring their academy.

But the Reds' interest in Scanlon is said to have emerged before such plans.

Scanlon – who can also play in midfield – is said to be thought of in similar terms to Bellingham, who made his senior England debut earlier this year.

The 15-year-old got his first Three Lions call-up last year when he was selected for the Under-15s to play Republic of Ireland in a friendly in December 2019.

The move is said to depend on Scanlon's family who are weighing up a potential move to the Premier League champions.

Jurgen Klopp has proved his willingness to promote youngsters already this season.

Curtis Jones, Rhys Williams and Neco Williams have all appeared in the Premier League.

And Caoimhin Kelleher was also given a go in goal ahead of Adrian when Alisson was injured.

On Monday, it emerged Liverppol will NOT sell Mo Salah despite claims the Egyptian is 'unhappy' at Anfield.

Source: Read Full Article