GLORIOUS GOODWOOD, one of the biggest Flat meetings of the year, is nearly upon us and we are in for a cracking five days on the South Downs.
But when is the festival, will there be a live blog, how can you watch it and what are the big races? Find out all you need to know here.
When is Glorious Goodwood?
Glorious Goodwood starts on Tuesday 30 July and is on for five days, finishing on Saturday 3 August.
It is held at Goodwood racecourse, which is situated just outside Chichester.
Racing starts at 1.50pm and there are seven races on each day of the Festival.
How can I watch the meeting?
The racing will be broadcast live on both ITV and Racing TV.
Racing TV, which will cover all 35 races across the five days, is a subscription channel and is on Sky channel 426, Virgin channel 536, and UPC in Ireland on channel 411.
ITV can be found on Sky channel 103 and Virgin channel 103, and they will broadcast a selection of races each day.
Can I follow the action through a live blog?
Oh yes! We'll be bringing you a live blog from every day of the Festival.
So make sure you keep a close eye out for our live blog where you can keep up to date with all the news, market movers, runners and results from Goodwood.
What are the big races?
There are several Group races and a number of big handicaps during Glorious Goodwood. The feature races for each day are:
- Tuesday 30 July: Group 1 Goodwood Cup (3.35pm), Group 2 Vintage Stakes (2.25pm), Group 2 Lennox Stakes (3.00pm)
- Wednesday 31 July: Group 1 Sussex Stakes (3.35pm), Group 3 Molecomb Stakes (3.00pm)
- Thursday 1 August: Group 1 Nassau Stakes (3.35pm), Group 2 Lillie Langtry Stakes (2.25pm), Group 2 Richmond Stakes (3.00pm)
- Friday 2 August: Group 2 King George Stakes (3.35pm), Golden Mile Handicap (3.00pm)
- Saturday 3 August: Steward's Cup Handicap (3.40pm), Group 3 Gordon Stakes (3.00pm)
Source: Read Full Article