COLBY COVINGTON has launched a blistering attack on Conor McGregor, branding the former two-division champion a 'con man' with no punching power.
The Notorious revealed last week he's contemplating a permanent move up to welterweight after cleaning out the lightweight division.
That notion has amused former 170lb title challenger Covington, who told Submission Radio: “I think it’s laughable.
"It’s comical, I mean you just got sparked by Dustin Soirier [Poirier].
"Go ask Dustin Soirier about the time we used to train together. He used to cry; he used to leave the gym crying.
“So you just got sparked by Dustin Soirier, so sit the f**k down Conman McGregor.
"You just got sparked by Dustin Soirier."
Covington then mocked McGregor's punch power by bringing up his 2019 assault of Des Keogh, whom he punched at the Marble Arch pub in Dublin.
CASINO SIGN UP OFFER: CLAIM UP TO £800 IN CASINO BONUS CASH
McGregor punched Keogh in the face in April 2019 after he refused to accept a glass of his whiskey.
He pled guilty to assaulting Keogh and was fined £860 (€1000) by the Dublin District Court.
Chaos continued: "You couldn’t even knock that old man off the stool.
"How you gonna knock off greatness in the greatest welterweight of all time.”
McGregor, 32, is currently gearing up for a big-money trilogy fight with former interim lightweight champion Poirier.
The former featherweight rivals' rubber match will take place on July 10 and will serve as the main event of UFC 264 in Las Vegas.
McGregor suffered a devastating second-round KO loss to Poirier in January in their rematch at UFC 257 in Abu Dhabi.
And the Irishman has vowed to exact revenge on the fan favourite in front of a sold-out crowd at Sin City's T-Mobile Arena.
After the official announcement of the series decider, the Dubliner told ESPN: "I signed my bout agreement this morning.
"I'm going to rip the game a new a**hole July 10.
"The Mac is back in Sin City! Full house!"
But Poirier – the No.1-ranked lightweight in the world – is confident he'll hand Mystic Mac his second consecutive loss.
When asked to give his pre-fight prediction, The Diamond told ESPN: "I'm gonna stop Conor again.
"July 10, I'm gonna get my hand raised and I'm gonna finish Conor McGregor again."
The pride of Louisiana, however, has refused to predict what round he'll end the fight, adding: "I don't do all that, I don't all that.
"I just show up ready to scrap."
Source: Read Full Article