ARSENAL boss Mikel Arteta says there is no issue between David Luiz and Dani Ceballos following their training ground bust-up last week.
Spanish ace Ceballos, 24, was left with a cut on his face from the Brazilian Luiz, 33, after they squared up last Friday at the club’s London Colney HQ.
Other players quickly jumped in to stop it getting out of hand during the practice session.
The pair were forced to apologise to their Arsenal team-mates.
Arteta said: “Training is very competitive and issues happen a lot of the time, but those things get resolved immediately within the team.
"There’s not much to say.”
⚽ Read our Arsenal live blog for the latest news from The Emirates
Asked specifically if there was an issue between the pair, Arteta replied: “No problem at all.”
It is understood on-loan Real Madrid star Ceballos had been giving younger players a hard time, so defender Rob Holding asked him to lay off.
The midfielder told Holding where to go and then Luiz stepped in – with tempers boiling over.
It has been reported that Arteta was involved in separating the two warring players yet he was not forthcoming on any part he may have played.
Asked if he had seen the incident at the time, he joked: “No.
"I've got a really bad vision from far away! That’s why we train behind closed doors.”
Whatever the nature of the incident, Arsenal will need to show plenty of fight when they travel to Elland Road on Sunday to face Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds.
DREAM TEAM SELECTOR
WIN your share of a huge jackpot by simply picking one winning Premier League team each Gameweek.
But here’s the twist: you can only pick each team once!
Click HERE to play Dream Team Selector.
Source: Read Full Article