We all like a kebab after a night out – the juicy meat, carbs to soak up the booze and spicy sauce is the perfect remedy to a heavy night.
Or, major fans will enjoy a good kebab, from doner to chicken, for dinner no matter the time of day.
And, it seems that some kebabs are better thank others as the British Kebab Awards have chosen this year's kebab shop winners.
The restaurants will enter the hall of fame of the UK’s finest kebab establishments.
As befits the seriousness of the event, the 2021 winners were announced by BBC Radio 1 DJs and presenters Scott Mills and Chris Stark, reports Ladbible.
Awards were handed out to restaurants across the counties of the UK with categories including best takeaway, best value, customer satisfaction and the lauded chef of the year.
Taking place in the Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge Hotel, the fancy event even honoured the different types of kebab and gave out awards for the best Greek restaurant, best Lebanese restaurant and Kebab van of the year.
If you fancy visiting one of the hallowed winners, check out the full list below:
- Best Kebab House in Northern Ireland: Grab a Kebab
- Best Kebab House in Scotland: Dante's Fish Chips and Kebab
- Best Kebab House in Wales: Wales Kebab
- Best Kebab Restaurant in North & West London: Antalya Restaurant
- Best Kebab Restaurant in South & East London: The Ottoman Doner, Duman Doner
- Best Kebab Restaurant Regional: Zeytin Restaurant, Pasha Turkish Gill Restaurant, Batman Grill
- Best Newcomer Restaurant in London/Outside London: Etci Kitchen in Brighton, Mehmet's Kitchen, La'de Kitchen
- Best Takeaway in London: Pizza King Kebab House, Kervan Saray
- Best Takeaway Regional: Botan Kebab House, Master Kebab
- Best Value Restaurant: EV Restaurant
- Customer Satisfaction: Bursa Kebab, Alaturka Doner, Mount Nemrut Turkish Restaurant
- Fine Dining Restaurant: The Mantl, Roza
- Kebab Van of the Year: Diamond Kebab
- Just Eat Best Delivery: Dilan Kebab, BBQ Grill Chatham
- Best Greek Restaurant: Meze Greek Restaurant, Tonys Pita
- Best Lebanese Restaurant: Cedrus Lebanese Cuisine
- Supplier of the Year: Kismet Kebabs
- Chef of the Year: Ali Akis, Yaz Restaurant
Founder of the awards, Ibrahim Dogus, commented: "Following a very difficult 18 months for all those in the hospitality sector, it gave me great joy to see a full house of friends new and old, celebrating each other's hard work and successes.
"I would like to congratulate all the winners as well as all those that made it onto the shortlist.
"This year we were inundated with entries and the standard was unbelievable across the board. Thank you to everyone involved."
Representing the main sponsor Just Eat, UK Managing Director Andrew Kenny said: "The British Kebab Awards are one of the biggest nights of the industry and an event that Just Eat has proudly supported for nine years.
"The thousands of small and often family-run businesses that make up the kebab sector make an invaluable contribution to both their local community and the UK economy.
"It's fantastic to see their achievements celebrated on a national stage."
Source: Read Full Article