We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Major supermarket Tesco has announced it will be expanding an initiative which will save customers time and money – while preventing any kitchen disasters along the way.
Tesco will be rapidly expanding its same day delivery service, Whoosh.
For those who have not yet experienced Whoosh, eligible customers can book their slot to receive their Whoosh delivery.
Customers can choose from everyday essentials, meals and little luxuries, collecting Clubcard points on their Whoosh order.
This will be delivered to your home from your local Tesco Express in between 30-60 minutes.
A Whoosh delivery service will cost £2.99 per order. If the basket is under £15, an additional charge of £2 will be added to the delivery.
Shoppers can use the Tesco Grocery & Clubcard app or go online to track their orders from to door.
Tesco is expanding its Whoosh service to more than 800 Tesco Express stores across the UK.
This will not only be time-saving but money saving, as Clubcard members get extra benefits by using Whoosh.
For those unfamiliar with the Tesco Clubcard, these can be used in a variety of ways.
Clubcard points can be used to cut the cost of the weekly shop or fuel.
Alternatively, they can convert their Clubcard points into treats and experiences with more than 100 Reward Partners including Pizza Express and Spa Seekers.
Tesco Clubcard vouchers can also be used to pick up a new deal with Tesco Mobile.
Tesco also hopes that Whoosh will alleviate the stress of cooking and eliminate kitchen catastrophes.
“The delivery service can provide everything from full replacement meals to missing ingredients in as little as 30 minutes, saving home cooks from the many accidents that can occur in the kitchen,” a spokesperson stated.
Tesco did some research into the most common kitchen mishaps we home cooks are having.
According to the supermarket, almost half of the nation (49 percent) has experienced a major disaster in the kitchen.
Whoosh can combat several possible kitchen issues, including missing ingredients, spillages, and not having suitable food in/no time to go out and buy more.
Alessandra Bellini, Tesco Chief Customer Officer said: “Whether it’s a special date night or a cosy evening in front of the telly, mealtime moments are an important part of our day.
“Though kitchen calamities can be dramatic, the research reveals that most mishaps are down to us simply not having what we need, when we need it – whether that’s a vital ingredient for a recipe, or a quick meal option when time, energy and enthusiasm are lacking.
“We want to help the nation avoid disappointing dinners and lacklustre lunches. Whatever they need, Whoosh can deliver in as little as 30 minutes.”
Most common kitchen mishaps
1. Lack of energy/enthusiasm to cook
2. Missing ingredients
3. Not allowing enough time to prepare and cook
4. Overcooking elements
6. Not having suitable food in and no time/energy to go out and buy more
7. Finding a recipe too complicated
8. Trying to substitute an ingredient that doesn’t quite work out
9. Reaching for something only to find it’s out of date / gone off
10. Accidentally adding too much seasoning or spice
11. Presentation skills (i.e. The finished dish/meal doesn’t look very appetising)
12. Not having the right equipment (e.g. potato masher or tin opener)
13. Misreading a recipe
14. Kids getting in the way when I’m trying to concentrate
15. Too many people talking to me when I’m cooking
16. Undercooking elements
17. Not having suitable ingredients/items/alternatives for guests’ dietary requirements or preferences
18. Trying to adapt a dish for different dietary requirements that doesn’t turn out the same
19. Ruining ingredients/elements during the preparation because of an accident (i.e. dropped eggs)
20. Setting the wrong time on the timer (or no timer)
Source: Read Full Article