A tenant has shared the “simple house rules” his landlord gave to him when he moved in – and people have said it “makes him look like a serial killer”.
The bloke posted a snap of the list of rules on Reddit, where he explained that his landlord did not live in the house with him and his roommates who were a mix of senior project managers and GPs.
The poster said: “We found our new landlords ‘Simple House Rules’ before he’s given them out.
“We’re all in mid-20s or older.”
The poster also explained that once a week the landlord would come round to the house and do admin work in the living room and office.
There was even a locked room which the tenants weren’t allowed to enter.
In a photo of the document, the rules were listed as follows:
- No outdoor shoes to be worn upstairs, just indoor shoes.
- Any lights which are not in use, can we switch them off. That is, when downstairs cooking and the bedroom lights are left on.
- All glass bottles, jars etc should be placed outside in the small green bin.
- Always leave the kitchen as clean as you would find it. Clean thoroughly after use.
- Only touch the heating controls if the temperature drops to 18 degrees C or below by pressing the heating button once to give it an hour’s boost.
- No naked flames to be left unattended. That is, candles etc.
- NO HOT pots or pans to be placed on the kitchen work surfaces, please use metal stand for that purpose.
- Please shut gate after entering and leaving house.
Now, while the rules seem basic many posters were confused why the landlord had given instructions to a group of adults who paid their own gas and electricity.
“It’s down to the people who actually live there to decide the rules they want to agree amongst themselves,” added another. “It’s none of the landlords beeswax.”
"You'd have less rules in prison," added another.
A third said: “I’d be out immediately… these things seem small but they are nearly always signs of problem landlords especially if they're treating you like an 8 year old.”
“Looks like you're renting off my Dad,” laughed another. “Surprised he hasn't added ‘no one to come in after midnight’.”
Others pointed out that it seemed like the landlord wasn’t following the rules when it comes to letting out a property.
A jokester said: “There’s definitely a body in that locked room.”
A second commented: “It makes the landlord look even more like a serial killer.”
But, someone noted: "People are saying there's a body in there.
"You don't need to visit a body every Saturday, your man definitely has a second door behind the office one, which in turn leads to his chained up, still alive captive. "
Another commenter wrote: “Your landlord might want to read up on the rules about quiet enjoyment.
“If you pay the fuel bills it's none of his business how often you leave the lights or heating on.
"He also can't just call round whenever he wants.”
A funny poster did offer a solution to the problem though, and wrote: “Time for 'Naked Saturdays' I reckon, see how long the Saturday visits go on for then.”
Source: Read Full Article