Holiday season is all about entertaining, which means there’s always room for another appetizer recipe.
Why not spice things up with a little taste of South America?
Chef Ricardo Valverde from Ancora restaurant his here with a recipe for traditional Peruvian empanadas.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 125 ml cold unsalted butter, cut in small cubes
- 70 ml cold ice water
- 1 egg yolk (if baking)
- Canola oil
- One large red onion, finely diced
- Three garlic cloves, finely diced
- 90 g ‘aji amarillo’ paste (available at Granville Island Public Market or online)
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 370 ml evaporated milk
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed (soak in 120ml of evaporated milk)
- 210 g pulled poached chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chopped roasted walnuts
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Find more Global BC recipes here
Source: Read Full Article