Prince Andrew is seen horse riding at Windsor Castle after missing his first Remembrance Sunday since stepping back from royal duties amid the Jeffery Epstein scandal
- Prince Andrew, 60, was photographed riding a horse at Windsor Castle today
- Day after missed first Remembrance Sunday since stepping back from duties
- Third sighting since bombshell Ghislaine Maxwell files were released last month
Prince Andrew was pictured riding a horse at Windsor Castle today – after missing his first Remembrance Sunday since stepping back from his royal duties due to his association with Jeffrey Epstein.
The Duke of York, 60, appeared to push his worries aside as he donned a blue coat and helmet and opted for an autumnal horse ride, accompanied by a female groom.
Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice’s father, who lives at the Royal Lodge just three miles away, was spotted where his mother and father are currently isolating.
The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, are in isolation at their Berkshire residence after leaving Norfolk for the month-long lockdown.
Prince Andrew, 60, was pictured riding a horse at Windsor Castle today – after missing his first Remembrance Sunday since stepping back from his royal duties due to his association with Jeffrey Epstein (pictured)
The Duke of York donned a blue coat and helmet and opted for an autumnal horse ride, accompanied by a female groom (pictured
Buckingham Palace announced that Andrew, who served with distinction as a Royal Navy helicopter pilot, would be stepping back from royal duties for the ‘foreseeable future’ in November following his disastrous attempt to clear his name in a BBC interview.
The Duke of York was not present at this year’s Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph and sources said it is ‘unlikely’ he will ever make an appearance again.
Andrew served his country with distinction during the Falklands War. He piloted Sea King helicopters in the South Atlantic during the 1982 conflict, flying missions including anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare and casualty evacuation.
On his return to Portsmouth in September 1982, his ship, HMS Invincible, was met by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. The prince eventually retired from the Royal Navy after 22 years in 2001.
A source said: ‘There has been behind-the-scenes agonising over the Cenotaph issue because of the Duke’s history of service, but matters have now been taken out of everyone’s hands.
‘Her Majesty the Queen and the Prince of Wales will lead the nation’s tributes in a pared-down event.
‘However, unless matters change dramatically, no one believes we will ever see the Duke of York in the royal line-up on Remembrance Sunday again.’
The Prince (pictured) stepped back from royal work last year after backlash followed a BBC interview discussing his relationship with billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein
Today is only the third appearance of Andrew (pictured, horse riding today) since bombshell Ghislaine Maxwell files were released last month
The former socialite is on remand for child sex trafficking charges linked to Jeffrey Epstein and may be in jail a year before her trial next summer. Pictured, the pair together in 2005
Today is only the third appearance of Andrew since bombshell Ghislaine Maxwell files were released last month.
PRINCE ANDREW’S NAME WAS MISSING FROM MAXWELL’S COURT DESPOSITION
The Duke of York’s name was redacted from Ghislaine Maxwell’s court desposition documents.
Alleged victim Virginia Roberts Giuffre has accused Prince Andrew of having sex with her when she was 17 years old.
More than 400 pages became public on Thursday for the first time. Maxwell is currently in jail in New York awaiting a sex trafficking trial.
Speaking in her adopted hometown of Cairns in Far North Queensland, American Ms Giuffre said while she was happy the documents were unsealed, she questioned why several names including that of the Prince were redacted.
She told ABC: ‘I feel very angry.
‘I don’t understand why we are protecting someone who hides behind mummy’s skirt and says “I didn’t do it”. His name should have been out there in the deposition.’
The Queen’s second son has been accused of failing to help US prosecutors in their investigation into paedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein and the financier Ghislaine Maxwell.
Prince Andrew has come under further pressure to cooperate with the FBI after a second deposition was given by Ghislaine Maxwell last week, the alleged madam for his paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein.
The British socialite, who is jail in New York awaiting trial on child sex trafficking and perjury charges, was questioned three months after being grilled for seven hours.
The transcript from that first interview was published last month, and lawyers for Maxwell are now expected to fight to keep the second one from July 2016 private.
But the 58-year-old’s team will face a battle with lawyers for Epstein’s victim Virginia Roberts who are expected to argue it should be published in full, reported The Sun.
Ms Roberts, now known as Virginia Giuffre, claims she had sex with the Duke of York three times when she was aged 17, but he strenuously denies the allegations.
A source close to the case told the Sun that Maxwell was asked to answer questions she did not answer in the first interview in the April, and that Andrew ‘did come up’.
But a source close to the 60-year-old Duke told MailOnline: ‘The Duke has done nothing unlawful and therefore has nothing to fear from the unsealing of any documents from any court case at any time. The truth will out, and soon.’
Documents from the first interview released last month revealed Andrew repeatedly labelled Ms Giuffre ‘a liar’, claiming ‘everything she said is a lie’.
The exchange was in a phone call between the two as scandal swirled around them when Ms Giuffre made bombshell claims she was forced to sleep with the prince.
Source: Read Full Article