Here is our guide to store opening times to ensure you aren’t caught short on the big day.
What are Iceland's opening hours near Christmas and New Year?
Iceland's opening hours this festive holiday are definitely something to keep in mind for last minute stocking up!
But as always customers are advised to check with their local store or online for specific times as these may vary store to store.
- Christmas Day – All stores CLOSED
- Boxing Day – 9am-6pm
- New Year’s Eve – 7am-6pm
- New Year’s Day – 9am-6pm
Christmas Opening Hours
Stores will then return to their normal opening hours from January 2, 2019.
Festive facts for Christmas and New Year 2018/19
- It’s commonly believed that eating mince pies is illegal on Christmas Day. It really was in the 1600s thanks to Oliver Cromwell, but King Charles II rewound this crazy law.
- Boxing Day has several origin stories which range from Victorian Church boxes and gift boxes for servants to take home, however, none are definitive.
- Mistletoe’s mystical properties stem back to the Celts and Norse people who believed there was something mystical about the plant as the sprigs stayed green in winter even when the tree has lost its leaves. The concept of kissing under mistletoe, however, comes from an ancient Norse tale.
- Hogmanay is the Scottish word for the last day of the year and has become synonymous with New Year’s celebrations. It is usually celebrated from New Year’s Eve all the way into January 2.
Source: Read Full Article