THE best toners can do wonders for your skin – but pick the wrong one and it can do more harm than good.
So read on to find out what to look for and the best products around.
Do you really need to use a toner?
For too long, toner has been seen as an unnecessary step in the beauty regime when, in actual fact, it’s super-important.
Why? Toner helps to balance your skin, remove excess oil and get rid of dirt and makeup that your cleanser might miss.
It also tightens pores to create smoother skin, soothes red and irritated areas, replenishes hydration and revives dull, tired skin. Plus it prepares your skin to better absorb ingredients in serums and moisturisers.
So toner is integral to a good skincare routine.
The key is to pick the right toner for your skin type.
There are some brilliant shine-control toners for oily skin out there, but there are also hydration-boosting toners for dry skin, soothing toners for sensitive skin and blemish-beating toners for acne-prone skin.
See below for our roundup of the best toners on the market.
Best toners at a glance:
- Best toner for all skin types: PIXI Glow Tonic
- Best for combination skin: Facetheory saliatica 2% BHA toner T6
- Best toner for sensitive skin: Neal’s Yard rehydrating rose toner
- Best toner for dry skin: Lush Eau Roma Water
- Best toner for oily skin: La Roche-Posay Effaclar clarifying lotion
- Best toner for acne: Murad’s blemish control clarifying toner
- Best budget toner: Natural Radiant glycolic toner
Best toner for all skin types: PIXI Glow Tonic
- PIXI Glow Tonic, £18 from Look Fantastic – buy here
This raved-about toner is fast becoming something of a cult product. Many new-gen toners are now called tonics to shake off the old idea that toners only dry out your skin.
And Pixi Glow Tonic does exactly what it says on the tin – gets your glow on.
It contains glycolic acid, which buffs away dead skin cells, refines pores, and stimulates cell renewal for a clear canvas ready for your makeup application.
Aloe vera and ginseng, meanwhile, work to reduce redness, improve circulation, boost moisture levels and leave you with a radiant, beaming complexion.
It might be a bit punchy price-wise, but trust us when we say it’s worth it.
Source: Read Full Article