Sign up for Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter for the most exciting real life, fashion and sex tips HOT off the press
Foodies have been going wild online for a Maltesers Buttons cronut recipe.
Valentine's Day might be over now, however you can still take the time to make your loved ones or yourself this tasty chocolate treat.
And judging by the online reaction, it seems like a lot of food fans will be doing just that.
The recipe to make the croissant and doughnut hybrid was shared on the official Maltesers UK Instagram account.
The brand shared snaps of the scrumptious-looking cooking creation alongside the recipe with it's 9,000+ followers.
Bags of Maltesers buttons also surrounded the cronuts, making them even more tempting.
Captioning the post, the brand wrote: "What's better than the combination of a croissant and a doughnut? Adding Maltesers Buttons on top, of course!
"Check out these amazing Cronuts, topped with Maltesers Buttons, made by @saltandshaikh – recipe below!"
Fans were loving the recipe, with the post racking up more than 2,500 likes.
One exclaimed: "These look amazing," while another added: "Those look gorgeous, damn."
A third chimed in: "These look unreal."
Maltesers Buttons cronuts recipe
4 sheets Puff Pastry
2 egg yolks (beaten)
150g Milk Chocolate (melted)
2 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Maltesers Buttons (crushed)
1.Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside
2. Sprinkle some flour on a clean work top. Place one puff pastry sheet on the work surface and brush some egg yolk on top. Add the second sheet on top of the first one and brush egg yolk on it
3. Repeat with the other sheets, however, do not brush egg yolk over the top sheet
4. Roll out the sheets so that you have a square of about 12 inches by 12 inches
5. Using two round cookie cutters, depending on how big you want them, cut out donut shapes from the dough
6. Place the cronuts on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until golden brown)
7. Leave cronuts on a cooling rack until completely cooled, then make the glaze
8. Melt the milk chocolate by placing it in a small bowl placed in a larger bowl with hot water. Add in butter, continuously stirring
9. Take a cronut at a time and dip it in the mixture after which top it off with crushed Maltesers Buttons
Those who want to make the yummy treats will need puff pastry, eggs, milk chocolate and Maltesers Buttons (of course).
The cronuts only take 15-20 minutes to cook, so they should be ready for you to eat and enjoy in no time.
Maltesers fans will also be happy to hear that they can get their hands on several different Easter eggs from the brand this year.
As well as it's standard egg, it was also recently announced that Maltesers is bringing back its Easter Egg with crunchy pieces embedded in it's shell.
The egg also comes with two Maltesers Bunnies as well as a bag of Mini Bunnies.
What more could you want, eh?
Source: Read Full Article