Katie Price has faced a difficult week as son Harvey Price will be spending his first night at his new residential college just days after she was allegedly attacked in her home.
The former glamour model, 43, spent time looking at future schools for Harvey, 19, where his complex needs could be looked after in their recent documentary, Katie Price: Harvey and Me, which is nominated for a National Television Award.
The college Harvey will be living at is now a three hour drive away from where Katie lives, which the mum-of-five is said to be finding tough.
A source told The Sun: ‘Katie’s heartbroken but knows that Harvey will have a brilliant time at his new college.
‘He’s going for his first overnight stay this week to get used to things and being away from home.’
The residential college is reportedly costing £350,000, with the fees eligible for government funding, though it is not known if Katie has been approved for financial help with the cost.
Katie and Harvey had spent six months looking for the right college for him, where he would be comfortable and his needs would be looked after.
The teen was born with Prader-Willi syndrome, septo-optic dysplasia and has autism and can find unfamiliar surroundings and loud noises overwhelming.
She previously told the publication: ‘It’s so upsetting to think I won’t see him every day but this is the best thing for Harvey and we have to think positively because I don’t want him to think I’m just getting rid of him.
‘When he’s three hours away it will break my heart because I won’t be able to get there as I’ve got to juggle him with my other kids.’
As well as Harvey, Katie is also mum to Junior, 16, and Princess, 14, with ex-husband Peter Andre, and Jett, eight, and Bunny, seven, with ex Kieran Hayler.
Harvey’s first night at residential college comes in the same week that Katie was allegedly assaulted in the early hours of Monday morning, leaving her with a split eye and a suspected fractured jaw.
Katie was taken to hospital after police were called to the house where she was staying at 1.30am, and a 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour.
He has since been released on conditional bail until September 20 pending further investigation on all three counts.
Katie’s £50,000 engagement ring from fiancé Carl Woods was also reportedly taken during the incident.
Friends and family members have been seen leaving the house where the alleged assault occurred with bags of Katie’s belongings after she was ‘too upset’ to return there herself.
She had claimed the alleged attack was ‘unprovoked’ and had occurred while she was watching television.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article