Showman in court battle after Trading Standards find something wh-iffy about his stink bombs – The Sun

A SHOWMAN is being taken to court after Trading Standards found something wh-iffy about his stink bombs.

Dale Thomas, 52, who travels around the country as the Joke Bloke, said officials raided his van and took away some items last year.

He has now been charged with “selling toys without a registered trademark” — namely his stink bombs and a spoof sauce bottle.

Dale, who has a pedlar’s certificate to sell joke goods to the public, was doing his magic show at Lincoln’s Christmas Market when council “jobsworths” turned up.

He recalled: “These guys steamed in, flashed their ID and, before I knew it, they were rifling through my stock.” He is due before Lincoln magistrates on September 20.

Emma Milligan, of Lincs Trading Standards, said: “There were no manufacturers’ details on the products. We need to know who to contact if there is an issue.”

 

Source: Read Full Article